Juried Group Show
The Audacity of Hope
a photographic call for entry
Entry Deadline: October 31, 2019
FEE: 4 images for $25
Exhibition Run: December 3rd - January 3rd
Opening Reception: Tuesday, December 10th 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Garner Center for Photographic Exhibitions
274 Moody St, Waltham, MA 02453
4th Annual Juried Group Show
Guest Juror: Paula Tognarelli, Executive Director of the Griffin Museum of Photography
“We hang on to our values, even if they seem at times tarnished and worn; even if, as a nation and in our own lives, we have betrayed them more often that we care to remember. What else is there to guide us? Those values are our inheritance, what makes us who we are as a people” - Barack Obama.
Artists are invited to submit thematic work which celebrates the tenacity of the human spirit and perseverance in the face of adversity. All genres of photography are welcome including still life, landscape, portraiture, documentary, photo illustration, photographic collage/mixed media and beyond.
ELIGIBILITY: The exhibition is open to all photographers working in analog and digital mediums, color and black & white, including alternative processes. Any format, camera, and style is acceptable. Maximum framed image size is 24”x36”, square pieces should be a 30” on the longest side.
- Submit 4 images via email to: nesopsubmissions_at_gmail_dot_com
- Image Size/format: jpeg, 72dpi, sRGB, 1500px on the long side
- Please Name your files accordingly: Artist Name_numericalsequence (ie. Winogrand_1, Winogrand_2, etc. )
- Please do not send zip files or embed files – ATTACHMENTS ONLY
- In the Subject Line of your email, include your name and the Call for Entry category (example: Winogrand Submission – The Audacity of Hope)
- In the body of the email include the following information: Your Name, Image Titles, Location and Year of Photographs, brief artist statement 250 words or less, and a link to your website
- To complete your submission, entry fee must be paid prior to submission deadline. You should receive a confirmation of payment and a confirmation of image submission. Please send confirmation of payment with your image submission.
NOTIFICATION: Notifications will be made in Early November. Pieces selected for exhibition must be delivered to the gallery between November 18th – November 27th.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Paula Tognarelli is the Executive Director of the Griffin Museum of Photography located in Winchester, MA. She is responsible for producing over 54 exhibitions a year at the Griffin and its surrounding satellite spaces. She holds an M.S. in Arts Administration from Boston University, BA from Regis College, is a graduate of the New England School of Photography Applied Program 1997 and was a candidate for her Masters in Education at Lesley University. Prior to her career as an arts administrator she spent 25 years in the printing industry. She was named one of 12 women in the United States that contributed to moving the industry from an analog workflow to a completely digital process. Paula brings a deep understanding and broad appreciation for diverse photographic styles, genres and mediums in her jurying process.