Juried Group Show
Stranger Than Fiction: Street Photography
a photographic call for entry
Entry Deadline: February 22, 2019
FEE: 3 images for $25
Show Dates: March 26th - April 26th
Opening Reception: Tuesday, April 2nd 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Garner Center for Photographic Exhibitions
274 Moody St, Waltham, MA 02453
3rd Annual Juried Group Show
Guest Juror: Hank Hauptmann, Artist & Director of Robert Klein Gallery, Boston
“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” - Mark Twain.
Artists are invited to submit thematic work made on the street or in the tradition of investigative documentary photography in the public forum which celebrates the thrilling, unseen, odd, absurd reality of the human experience. We kindly ask for images which were seen or found, not created or staged.
ELIGIBILITY: The exhibition is open to all photographers working in analog and digital mediums, color and black & white. Any format, camera, and style is acceptable. Maximum frame size is 24”x36”, square pieces should be 25” on the longest side.
- Submit 3 images via email to: nesopsubmissions_at_gmail_dot_com
- Image Size/format: jpeg, 72dpi, sRGB, 1500px on the long side
- Please Name your files accordingly: Artist Name_numericalsequence (ie. Winogrand_1, Winogrand_2, Winogrand_3)
- Please do not send zip files
- Artists are permitted to make multiple submissions if they so desire, simply attach additional payment receipts in the body of the email submission
- In the Subject Line of your email, include your name and the Call for Entry category (example: Winogrand Submission – StrangerThanFiction)
- In the body of the email include the following information: Your Name, Image Titles, Location and Year of Photographs, brief artist statement 250 words or less, and a link to your website
- To complete your submission, entry fee must be paid prior to submission deadline. You should receive a confirmation of payment and a confirmation of image submission. Please send confirmation of payment with your submission.
NOTIFICATION: Notifications will be made by March 3rd. Pieces selected for exhibition must be delivered to the gallery by March 15 – March 23, 2019.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Hank Hauptmann is a photographer residing in Dorchester, Massachusetts. For the past decade, he has been photographing in the streets and neighborhoods of Boston and its surrounding areas. Hauptmann has attended Bunker Hill Community College and currently serves as director at Robert Klein Gallery. His work has been shown nationally in both solo and group exhibitions, and was recently published in Lapham's Quarterly. Hauptmann continues to work on photographic projects both at home and abroad, and is actively involved in independent curatorial work.